Since the technology of FASTags came into existence, life for frequent travellers has become much easier in every possible way. Long gone are the days when people used to worry about carrying cash while travelling so that they could pay at toll booths. However, an online Fastag has cut down on a lot of hassle.
The Government of India has made FASTag mandatory for all vehicle owners. Even though it comes prefixed to your new vehicle, if it isn’t, you’ll have to pay double the fees in cash.
What is a FASTag?
It is an electronic toll collection system in our country that uses RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology to enable the automatic deduction of toll charges from a relevant linked bank account.
Since FASTags came into existence, it has saved a lot of time for individuals and completely diminished the unnecessary traffic on the toll booths. This was the sole purpose of the Indian Government when they planned to come up with FASTags.
(Tip: Use a reliable application for Online Fastag recharge.)
How does it work?
It is a small sticker affixed to the windshield of your vehicle and linked to your bank account at the backend. FASTag contains a unique identification number, and as you approach the toll booth while travelling, a sensor reads the FASTag.
Therefore, the amount is automatically deducted from your bank account, and you receive a notification of the same. Then the toll plaza barrier opens automatically, and you can pass through seamlessly.
What are its benefits?
- It saves fuel and time as it prevents the tedious process of halting time and again at toll plazas.
- FASTag helps in keeping track of your toll expenses. Every time the account is used, you’ll receive a notification.
- It helps in reducing paperwork and is suitable for the environment.
How to check balance in Fastag?
As I mentioned above that using a reliable application here is very important. Since the day I purchased my new car, I’ve been using the Bajaj Finserv application to keep track of my FASTag. Believe it or not, it is one of the most effortless applications to use in the current times.
- Download the app from the Play Store/App Store
- Sign up by entering your mobile number
- Under the Bills & Recharges section, Tap on FASTag.
- Select your provider.
- Enter your Vehicle Registration Number or Wallet ID
- After entering the required details, you’ll see your current balance and maximum allowable payment.
- Just below it, you need to enter your desired recharge amount.
- Tap on Proceed to Pay, and your Fastag will recharge within seconds.
- After you register here, you’ll easily see your FASTag balance.
Why you should recharge your FASTag today?
Keeping your vehicle’s FASTag recharged at all times is very important as you don’t want to waste your precious time. When you are running low on balance, you waste your time and the time of other travellers behind you in the queue.
In some cases, you might end up paying double the toll plaza fees to avoid the hassle. Moreover, online Fastag recharge is possible with just a few taps on your smartphone.